In compliance with the Government's instructions, our office will be closed for at least the next three weeks. As far as possible we will be working from home, and will still be able to make & receive phone calls, and send & receive emails, so please don't hesitate to contact us when you need to. Further updates will be posted here as the situation develops, so please bookmark this page and check in regularly.
The link below takes you to our latest advice to clients, with full details of the steps we have taken in response to the current crisis. This is a rapidly evolving situation with new information being released daily by Government so please check this page regularly for updates.
UPDATE THURSDAY 26 MARCH 2020 - SUPPORT FOR THE SELF-EMPLOYED
Following the Chancellor's announcement this evening we now know that:
- Those who were self employed prior to 5 April 2019 and who submitted 2019 tax returns will be eligible for a taxable grant.
- The grants will be based on their average profit for the 3 years up to 5 April 2019 and will be equivalent to 80% of their average monthly profit up to a maximum of £2,500 per month for 3 months.
- The grants will be paid whether or not you continue working and earning.
- HMRC will invite applications from those who qualify.
- The grants are expected to be paid in early June.
FURTHER UPDATE SATURDAY 4 APRIL 2020 - THE CORONAVIRUS JOB RETENTION SCHEME
HMRC has issued updated guidance giving more information about how the scheme will work.
Further detailed information will no doubt be published over the coming days and we will update this page with any significant developments. In the meantime please continue to check out the links to the Government and other guidance by following the link above to our current guidance.
UPDATE TUESDAY 31 MARCH 2020 FOR OUR CHARITY CLIENTS
Follow the link below for the latest information and guidance for Charities.