This page sets out the steps we are taking to maintain our service whilst continuing to minimise the risk of infection to clients and staff. It will be updated as and when there are further developments. We have provided links below to the main online sources of help and advice.
We are here to help if you are worried about the effect of the current situation on your business and personal finances. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you wish to discuss your concerns.
Changes to the way we work
- Most of our staff are working from home. If you wish to call at the office to collect or deliver records please email or telephone to arrange an appointment.
- Our telephone lines are open, but not always manned. Our telephone answering service is monitored constantly, so please leave a message if we are unable to answer your call immediately. We normally return calls within 15 minutes.
- Face to face meetings carry a risk of transmitting infection, so must be avoided. We are happy to conduct virtual meetings at a time convenient to you, including outside normal office hours if necessary. We have found that in most cases meetings held by telephone, Zoom or Skype are as effective and efficient as meeting face to face. If you should need to come into our offices you must wear a face covering - see the link 'Face coverings - the legal requirements' below for more details.
How we can help
- Time to pay. Let us know if you experience difficulty in getting HMRC to allow time to pay tax, VAT or PAYE liabilities and we will negotiate on your behalf.
- Keeping your records up to date. In these difficult economic circumstances it is essential to have accurate and up to date financial information. Please get in touch if you need help to get your records up to date.
Please help us by providing your accounting and tax records promptly. We cannot guarantee to meet deadlines unless your records are provided within the time limits stipulated in our terms of engagement. If you are having difficulty getting your records to us please let us know – we can help.